In the last 12 years that we have been involved in kids parties we have always found that kids magic shows are a fantastic way to entertain and amaze young audiences while sparking their imagination and curiosity. What we love most about a Kids Magic Show is the ability to entertain a wide variety of age groups and keep anything from 5 kids to a school of 1000 thoroughly entertained. In our comprehensive guide to kids magic shows, we’ll cover everything you need to know about them, from booking a magician to simple magic tricks and loads more.
How Much Does a Magician Cost?
One of the first questions that come to mind when planning a kids’ magic show is the cost. Magician fees can vary widely based on factors like experience, the location of your event, and the length of the magic show. On average, you can expect to pay between $250 and $500 for a kids’ magic show. High-profile magicians may charge more, while local performers may offer more affordable rates. Although you can find Magicians that charge lower prices, for this type of entertainment you very much get what you pay for and we recommend finding a Magician that is highly rated and charges a medium range price rather than skimping.
Your can book a quality Magician with Yombu in most major Cities in the US as well as check their ratings and see their profiles before booking. Our prices differ depending on the City you are booking in but are generally between $325 and $395 for a 45 minute interactive show. We only work with talented and experienced kids Magicians that have been carefully vetted so you can be sure that they will provide an amazing experience for your guests.
How Long Should the Magic Show Go On For?
We have found that the ideal duration of a kids’ magic show depends on the age group and attention span of your audience. Generally, a 45-minute show is suitable for younger children (5-7 years old), while older kids (8-12 years old) can happily sit through a 60-minute performance. Children have shorter attention spans, so it’s crucial to keep the show engaging and interactive and audience participation is a must.
For Children under the ages of 5, we definitely wouldn’t recommend a Magic show as a good option for Kids party entertainment. Most Magicians will struggle to keep younger kids engaged and interested for any period of time, a better value for money option would be a bubble show, character for hire or balloon twisting.
How to Find a Magician Near Me
If you find yourself living in a City that we don’t operate in you might have to go old school in your search for a talented kids magician. Here are some of our tips on how to locate a local magician:
- Ask for recommendations from friends, family and even neighbours.
- Check out some online directories, such as Yelp, Google Maps, or lead generation platforms like Thumbtack and GigSalad.
- Visit your local magic shop and inquire about their recommended magicians, generally they are in the know.
- Do a search on Google for: Kids Magician near me.. Browse through the websites of popular Kids magicians and look for one that has reviews and upfront pricing.
We recommend finding a Magician that has good images and recent reviews on their profile or website, generally you will need to place inquiries with 2 – 3 Magicians to make sure that you get a response.
Kids Magic Tricks
If you have been keeping up with the Yombu blog you will know that we absolutely love the idea of providing the little guests at your Birthday Party with simple magic kits and asking your Magician to lead them through some simple tricks at the end of the show. Simple magic tricks like disappearing coins, card tricks and the fake thumb / handkerchief routine are easy to learn and great fun for kids. You can check out one of our favourite (and well priced) kids magic kits created by National Geographic that is available on Amazon here.
Kids Magician Costumes
If you are going all out and decide to throw a Magic themed Birthday Party, Magician costumes for the kids can add an extra layer of excitement to the event. Whether it’s a classic tuxedo, a whimsical outfit, or a themed costume that matches your party’s theme, dressing the part can enhance the magical experience for the little guests.
Most local party shops or costume stores have a variety of Kids Magician Costumes and you can also find a wide range of Kids Magician costume that are affordable on Amazon.
Kids’ magic shows are a delightful and enchanting way to create lasting memories for children at events, parties, school functions or any other event you might be planning. Whether you decide to hire a professional magician or learn some tricks yourself, the key is to make the experience fun and engaging. By considering factors like cost, duration and the ages of the Children attending you can ensure that your kids’ magic show is a magical success that leaves kids of all ages spellbound and entertained.
7 Fun Facts About Magicians and Magic Shows
- The Global magic shows industry is estimated to reach $3.7 billion by 2025.
- According to the International Brotherhood of Magicians, the magic industry’s growth rate is currently outpacing the growth rate of the global entertainment industry.
- The average cost of a professional magician for a children’s birthday party in the US is around $250.
- Magic schools exist in some major U.S. cities, as well as in Japan, South Africa (Cape Town) and South Korea.
- The oldest magic society in the United States is the Magi-Whirl in California, which dates back to 1889.
- The most expensive magic trick ever performed is a 20-minute trick called “The Million Dollar Illusion” in which a $1 million prize was placed in a box and a series of audience members had to guess the location of the money.
- The most famous magician in the world is David Copperfield. He has won 21 Emmy Awards and holds 11 Guinness World Records.
A monthly party planners newsletter.
Curated by humans - Not robots.