Planning a beach-themed first birthday party is a great way to give your little one a special day that both you and your guests will remember. Whether you plan to hold the event outdoors or inside, there are plenty of ways to capture the spirit of the ocean and the sand. From decorations to party food and games, here’s how to plan a beach-themed first birthday party that everyone will enjoy.
The first step in planning a beach-themed birthday party is to send out the invitations. If you’re hosting an outdoor event, you may want to consider sending out beach-themed postcards with a playful message such as “Let’s dive into the fun: [Name’s] First Birthday Party!”. If you’re hosting an indoor event, you can pick up some beach-themed paper invitations or create your own. Either way, make sure to include the date, time and location of the event.
When it comes to decorations, there’s plenty of ways to bring the beach to your birthday party. Hang a beach ball banner or streamers on the walls. Place beach towels, beach umbrellas, and beach chairs around the room. If you’re hosting an outdoor event, you can add sand and beach toys to the party area. You can also hang up beach-themed posters and signs to help set the scene.
Fun Games & Activities
To keep your guests entertained, plan a few beach-themed games and activities. Set up a beach ball toss or have a sandcastle building contest. If you’re hosting an outdoor event, consider setting up a kiddie pool with some beach toys. You can also have a beach-themed scavenger hunt or a sandcastle relay race.
When it comes to party food, there’s plenty of options for a beach-themed birthday party. You can serve up a variety of beach-themed dishes such as shrimp cocktail, fish tacos, and coconut shrimp. You can also provide beach-themed drinks such as a pina colada or a blue Hawaiian. For the cake, you can make a sandcastle cake or a beach-themed smash cake.
At the end of the party, make sure to give your guests a special party favor. Fill beach-themed goodie bags with things such as sunglasses, beach toys, bubbles, and beach towels. You can also include a personalized beach ball or some beach-themed candy.
What songs go with the Beach party theme?
There are a whole lot of great beach themed songs that can add some fun and vibes to your next beach themed Birthday bash. Here are our favourites:
- “Under the Sea” from The Little Mermaid soundtrack. This classic Disney tune is perfect for a beach-themed party and is sure to get the kids singing and dancing.
- “Kokomo” by The Beach Boys. This fun and upbeat song is all about tropical paradise and is perfect for a beach-themed party.
- “Summertime” by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince. This classic 90s hit is perfect for a summer beach party and will get everyone in the mood to celebrate.
- “Beachin” by Jake Owen. This modern country hit is all about relaxing at the beach and having a good time, making it a great addition to a beach-themed party playlist.
- “Surfin’ USA” by The Beach Boys. No beach-themed party would be complete without a classic surf rock anthem like this one. It’s fun, upbeat, and perfect for getting everyone in the beachy spirit.
A monthly party planners newsletter.
Curated by humans - Not robots.
What Did you Think?