Planning a first birthday party is an exciting time for both parents and children. It’s the perfect opportunity to celebrate the amazing milestone of baby’s first year of life with family and friends. A fun and festive pool party theme is a great way to make the special day even more memorable. Here’s a guide to planning your perfect pool party themed first birthday celebration.
When sending out invitations, you want to make sure that your guests are aware of the pool party theme. Include a playful invitation design with a swimming pool, beach balls, and other pool-related items. Include the location of the event and any necessary information about whether guests need to bring swimsuits, beach towels, and other items.
When it comes to decorations, you want to bring the pool party theme to life. Hang up colorful beach ball decorations, inflatable pool toys, and other items around the party area. Place a few pool rafts around the area to make it look like a mini pool. Hang up a banner with a cute ‘Happy First Birthday’ message.
Fun Games & Activities
Games and activities are a must for any party, especially for a first birthday. Set up a pool-themed scavenger hunt for the kids to find pool-related items around the area. Have a water balloon toss and a beach ball race. You can also set up a mini-pool for the little ones to splash around in.
The food and cake should also reflect the pool party theme. For the cake, you can choose a beach ball or pool-themed design. Serve up light finger foods such as sandwiches, chips, and fruit. Place bowls of blue and green jell-o around the area to give it a pool-like feel. Be sure to include a few ice cream treats for the kids.
No party is complete without party favours. You can give out pool-themed items such as beach towels, sunglasses, swim caps, and pool toys. Fill up a beach bag with all the goodies and hand them out to the guests as they leave.
What are some fun party games kids can play in the pool?
Playing games in the pool is a great way to keep kids entertained and active during a pool party. Here are some fun pool games for kids:
- Marco Polo: This classic pool game involves one person being “it” and closing their eyes while calling out “Marco.” The other players respond with “Polo,” and the “it” person tries to tag them by following their voices.
- Treasure Hunt: This game involves throwing objects, such as coins or toys, into the pool and having the kids search for them. You can also use pool noodles or diving sticks as the “treasures.”
- Sharks and Minnows: In this game, one or two players are designated as “sharks,” and the rest are “minnows.” The minnows try to swim from one end of the pool to the other without getting tagged by the sharks.
- Cannonball Contest: Kids can take turns jumping into the pool and doing the biggest cannonball splash. You can even make it a contest and give out prizes for the biggest splash.
- Water Volleyball: This game involves dividing the kids into two teams and using a beach ball to play volleyball in the pool. You can set up a net or simply designate a line in the water as the boundary.
A monthly party planners newsletter.
Curated by humans - Not robots.
What Did you Think?