The endlessly famous series by JK Rowling has been a trend since, well, what seems like forever. We’ve watched the child stars Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint transform and grow up before our very eyes as the series progressed. Now you can transform you little ones Birthday Bash by setting them up with a wonderful Hogwarts party of their own. Here’s How To Throw A Harry Potter Themed Party:
1) Harry Potter Cake
We found an amazing vendor that specializes in flowers AND flour-y goodness. Flour and Flowers By MK will blow you away with beautiful, themed children’s cakes and cupcakes, as well as elegant flower decorations and arrangements if you want to inject some sophistication into your event.
2) Magical Décor
Find the perfect Harry Potter party aesthetic from Kio Kreations. This dynamic party planner’s daughters are huge Harry Potter fans, so you know that she understands what it takes to transform a space. Other great DIY décor ideas include:
- Us the Harry Potter Books as Decor– Stack these or place under other decor pieces for added height.
- Leave a couple of the illustrated Harry Potter Books lying around open – The images are stunning and guests will love to flip through them!
- Provide Felt Ties for the party guests.
- Play the Harry Potter movies in the background during the party.
- Have a make your own wands crafting station
3) Have A Potion Bar
Well, drinks bar. Decant the children’s favorite drinks into various sized and shaped small bottles from thrift stores that can pass as potion bottles. It makes drinking them a touch more magical and exciting and will probably spark some spontaneously odd behaviour from the effects of the liquid formulas.
Let a professional Yombu party games coordinator lead the children through some fun Harry Potter Themed activities:
- Place Hogwarts house names into a hat and let everyone pull one. Give them a house tie, which the guests can get in on and make first as a fun craft activity. Check out the full tutorial here.
- Allow guests to pick their wands and let them know what their wands are made of.
- Play Quidditch
5) Invitations to Hogwarts
Let Yombu make awesome and memorable invitations for your Harry Potter themed party – get people excited with quizzical instructions for the Hogwarts Express. These digital invitations are easy to do – just fill in your details and let Yombu do all the hard work for you. You get up to 3 revisions if you aren’t happy with the first draft – which they will return within 24 hours, by the way.
Leave guests spellbound when you know How To Throw A Harry Potter Themed Party. Try color combinations like white and maroon, or black and gold. It can be simple or sophisticated. We hope it’s a smasher!
What do you eat at a Harry Potter party?
Butterbeer flavoured everything! Drinks, cakes, cupcakes. Add some pumpkin pastries and good old shepherd’s pie, rock cakes and treacle tarts.
The Author: Chanel Georgopoulos
The weekly newsletter for kids party planners and parents.