Ice cream is one of those universally loved treats that can bring smiles to faces of all ages. So, if you’re thinking of throwing a kids’ party that’s sure to be a hit, why not go all out with an ice cream bar-themed extravaganza? With colorful toppings, delicious flavors, and creative activities, you can create a memorable experience for your little ones and their friends. My family LOVES when we do this, so I thought I’d share. You’re welcome.
The star of the show, of course, is the ice cream itself. You can either go the DIY route and make your own ice cream or opt for store-bought varieties. Offer a selection of classic flavors like vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry, and consider adding some unique options like mint chocolate chip or cookies ‘n cream. Make sure to accommodate any dietary restrictions by including dairy-free or low-sugar alternatives. Check out Gelato-Go in Miami or LA for a huge variety of delicious flavors.
Ice Cream Party Invitations
The first step to planning any party is to create excitement with the invitations. Design colorful, ice cream-themed invitations that set the mood for the event. You can use images of ice cream cones, scoops, and sprinkles to give your guests a taste of what’s to come. Don’t forget to include all the essential details, such as date, time, location, and RSVP information.
It’s All About The Toppings
What’s an ice cream bar without a variety of toppings? Set up a toppings station with an array of choices, such as:
- Chocolate chips
- Gummy bears
- Crushed cookies
- Fresh fruit (berries, bananas, and sliced strawberries)
- Whipped cream
- Caramel and chocolate sauces
- Mini marshmallows
You can display these toppings in colorful bowls or mason jars, making it visually appealing for the kids.
Creative Cones and Cups
Offer an assortment of ice cream cones and cups for your little guests to choose from. Traditional sugar cones, waffle cones, and even edible cookie dough cups can add an extra layer of excitement to the ice cream experience. Don’t forget to provide napkins and spoons, too!
Ice Cream Activities
To keep the kids entertained, plan some ice cream-related games and activities. Here are a few ideas:
- Ice Cream Cone Relay Race: Set up an obstacle course and have the kids carry an ice cream cone filled with a scoop of ice cream (or a ball) from one end to the other without dropping it.
- Pin the Cherry on the Sundae: A twist on the classic “Pin the Tail on the Donkey” game, blindfolded kids can try to pin a cherry on top of a giant sundae.
- Ice Cream Arts and Crafts: Provide supplies for the children to decorate their own ice cream-themed picture frames, using ice cream sticks, or aprons.
- Ice Cream Trivia: Challenge the kids with fun ice cream trivia questions and offer small prizes for correct answers. Educate yourself here.
Party Favors and Thank Yous
Send your guests home with a sweet reminder of the party. Create party favor bags filled with small treats like mini ice cream-shaped erasers, stickers, and a thank-you note expressing your appreciation for their presence.
With these tips and ideas, you can plan a delightful ice cream bar-themed kids’ party that will leave your young guests screaming for more. It’s a fun and interactive way to celebrate, ensuring smiles, laughter, and memories to last a lifetime. So, scoop up the fun and get ready to host the sweetest party ever!
Looking for more than just ice cream cones? Check out this post on all the different ways you can present ice cream to your guests!
A monthly party planners newsletter.
Curated by humans - Not robots.