When my little guy turned five, he requested a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles birthday party. He was really into the green teenagers and desperately wanted the Turtle Tank – which he got, to his delight!
I had such a blast decorating for the special occasion and he loved every little bit of it. With the recent release of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem animated film, kids young and old are reminded of the awesomeness of the green dudes’ turtle power.
Let’s take a look at how planning a Cowabunga Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles party can make you a far-out party host with some fun and easy ideas.
With green as the main accent color, decorating for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) birthday party is extra easy.
- A green balloon arch in a couple of shades of green above the cake table or an entrance can be a great idea. Add splashes of color by mixing each of the ninja turtles’ main colors (blue, purple, red, and orange) as accents.
- You can decorate your venue with green balloons or lanterns made to look like the ninja turtles with colorful crepe paper for their masks.
- An inexpensive alternative is to decorate green paper plates as ninja turtle faces to hang around your site or string them together for an easy garland.
- Speaking of garlands, you can also make pizza bunting to decorate with. It is, after all, the turtles’ favorite food!
Want to add some bad guys to your décor? Pink balloons can be decorated to look like the evil Krang. And a cardboard brick wall or city background can also add some character to your party.
Radical Games and Activities
Entertaining games and activities can go a long way in keeping your little guests entertained and engaged.
- Decorate green plastic bottles or orange cones with ninja turtle faces for a fun ring toss game.
- Make TMNT weapons, such as nun chucks, swords, and bo staffs, out of pool noodles and duct tape for a safe and entertaining activity. If you feel up to the challenge, show the kiddos how to make their own weapons.
- Make an obstacle course out of crepe paper with floating black balloons decorated as Foot Soldiers to be defeated, i.e. popped.
- Want the kiddos to have some calm, ‘quiet’ time? Have a popsicle stick ninja star decorating station. Or, have the youngsters decorate their own ‘pizza’ cookies.
Another great ideas for a fun and engaging activity is to have a slime station where the kiddos can make their very own green, slimy ‘ooze.’
A Booyakasha Cake
No party is ever complete without a cake and the options for a radical TMNT cake are almost limitless!
Have a green cake decorated with TMNT action figures they can keep. Have a cake made in their favorite ninja turtle’s face. Or go with a unique ‘sewer,’ ‘ooze,’ or ‘pizza’ cake theme.
You can also opt for a smaller cake so your little one can blow out the candles and have TMNT face cupcakes or cake pops.
Hot Soup – It’s Far-Out Food!
After all the fun activities, your little guests will be ready to munch on some turtleriffic food and snacks.
And what do the ninja turtles love to eat the most? That’s right, pizza! Have delicious pizza delivered for an easy meal. For a healthy snack option, make green fruit and veggie platters to look like the ninja turtles’ faces.
Offer Oreo cookies and label them as ‘sewer lids.’ Make ‘dirt’ pudding cups and top them with gummy worms.
Green Jello can be ‘green mutagen.’ And to help them was down all that delicious food, you can add green food coloring to juice or lemonade to resemble ‘ooze.’
Final Thoughts – A Cowabunga Time
Planning a Cowabunga Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles birthday party can be a total blast and something your little one will remember for a long time. So have fun with it and let your imagination go wild as you make wonderful memories for your little ninja turtle.
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles favourite food is a hot fresh Pizza, it’s the only they like more than fighting crime.
TMNT is no suitable for 5 year olds as it contains scenes of violence, we recommend it for ages 10 and up. As a Kid Party theme however it is great for all ages, even for 5 year olds.