If you’ve ever felt like your home is a 3-ring circus, here is your chance to have fun with it. This popular party theme is the perfect answer to keeping your little guests busy and one of the themes you can really have fun with. Join us as we unravel the secrets to hosting a mesmerizing circus-inspired celebration that will leave your guests in awe. From dazzling decorations to thrilling games and delectable treats, join us as we guide you through the thrilling spectacle of planning a Circus Themed Party that will be remembered for years to come.
Circus Birthday Party Invitations
Make the invitation in the shape of a big top circus tent with flaps that open to reveal invitation, or with a clown, ringleader or lion tamer and call your party the “Greatest Show on Earth”. Whether you opt for a circus tent-shaped invitation or one featuring a beloved circus character, your guests will be captivated from the moment they receive their special ticket to the “Greatest Show on Earth.” Remember to include RSVP information and any additional instructions for costumes or special items to bring. These unique invitations will set the tone for a magical and unforgettable Circus Themed Party that promises thrills, laughter, and a whole lot of fun
Circus First Birthday Party Decorations
Bring the circus animals to life by displaying stuffed animals throughout the party area. From majestic lions to adorable elephants and mischievous monkeys, these plush companions will add a touch of charm and whimsy to the decorations. Place them on shelves, tables, or create a mini “animal parade” by lining them up in a row.
To complete the immersive experience, fill the air with festive music. Compile a playlist of lively circus-themed tunes, including iconic melodies like “Entry of the Gladiators” or “Circus March.” The music will add an extra layer of excitement, ensuring that everyone gets into the celebratory spirit. Consider incorporating additional details such as a circus-themed tablecloth, colorful paper lanterns, or a vintage-inspired circus sign. These little touches will add depth to the decorations and create a captivating environment for both the little ones and the grown-ups.
Circus Birthday Party Games & Activities
Some of our favourite party games and activities that you can organise and that stay “in theme” are:
- Provide clay and some animal shaped cookie cutters for children to play with.
- Make a bean bag or coin drop.
- Make a pin the nose on the clown or pin the trunk on the elephant game.
- Have an artistic friend do face-painting or apply temporary tattoos.
- Take Polariod pictures of guests with their face art.
- If you budget allows, hire a clown who makes balloon animals and hats.
You can also buy a pull string piñata in the shape of a circus animal or decorate wagons and ride-on cars and have a circus parade around the block.
Circus Birthday Party Foods
A circus-themed party is a great opportunity to get creative with food! Here are some ideas for circus-inspired snacks and treats that are sure to delight kids:
- Popcorn: No circus is complete without popcorn! You can serve it in individual bags or in a large bucket for guests to help themselves.
- Cotton candy: This fluffy, sugary treat is another classic circus food. You can either buy pre-made cotton candy or rent a cotton candy machine to make it fresh at the party.
- Hot dogs: Hot dogs are a popular food at carnivals and fairs, and they fit in perfectly with the circus theme. You can serve them with all the classic condiments, such as ketchup, mustard, relish, and onions.
- Soft pretzels: Another classic carnival food, soft pretzels are easy to make and can be served with various dips such as cheese or mustard.
- Popcorn chicken: This is a fun twist on traditional popcorn. Chicken nuggets or tenders are coated in a popcorn-style breading and then baked or fried.
Circus Theme Party Favors
As your circus-themed party comes to a grand finale, it’s time to delight your guests with party favors that capture the joy and whimsy of the circus experience. Start by including classic circus-themed treats like individual packets of animal crackers. To add an extra touch of magic, include mini bottles of blowing bubbles in the favor bags. To top it off, send each guest home with a helium balloon. Tie colorful ribbons to the balloons and watch as they float and dance, evoking the spirit of the circus under the big top.
Present the favor bags in a festive and eye-catching manner, such as arranging them in a colorful display or placing them in mini popcorn boxes. This thoughtful presentation will add an extra touch of excitement as your guests discover their delightful circus-themed treasures.
You know, a wonderful Circus themed party venue is always the Circus itself! Check your local schedules for when the circus comes to a city near you and kick off the party with a visit to the real thing. If you’re based in New York, the Big Apple Circus is now a popular tourist attraction.